|UPDATE: Golf Cart Use in Haile Plantation
|Posted on Nov 29th, 2016
The Alachua County Engineer, Ramon Gavarrete
, has provided information on the legal use of golf carts on county roads throughout Haile Plantation, as well as the official ordinance
allowing golf carts to travel on county roads in Haile Plantation, and a map
of the approved roads.
If you intend to use golf carts on county roads in Haile Plantation, it is important that you read the entire ordinance, as well as the map. Some key highlights:
- The use of golf carts on county roads is enforced by Alachua County, and the Association is not involved with enforcement.
- The ordinance WILL NOT GO INTO EFFECT until signs are posted throughout the community. If you drive a golf cart on county roads before signs are posted, you risk citation from the Alachua County Sheriff's Office.
- The target date for sign installation, as stated by Mr. Gavarrete, is late January 2017.
- The use of golf carts on Association trails by owners or their guests has always been, and remains, prohibited.
- Any golf cart being driven on the approved county roads must be equipped with
- Efficient brakes
- Reliable steering apparatus
- Safe tires
- Rearview mirror
- Red reflectorized warning devices in both the front and rear
- Additionally, golf carts operated between the hours of sunset and sunrise must be equipped with:
- Brake lights
- Turn signals
- There are age restrictions for operating a golf cart on the county approved roads:
- Drivers of golf carts must be at least 15 years of age
- Between the hours of sunset and 11:00 p.m. golf carts must be operated by a person at least 16 years of age with a valid government issued picture ID.
- Between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m. golf carts must be operated by a person at least 17 years of age with a valid government issued picture ID.
- Between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and sunrise golf carts must be operated by a person at least 18 years of age with a valid government issued picture ID.
- Additional requirements:
- Golf carts shall comply with all applicable local and state traffic laws.
- The number of occupants of a golf cart must be no greater than the number of seats.
- No person may stand while a golf cart is in motion.
Owners with concerns about this ordinance should contact Alachua County Public Works at 352-374-5245.
Owners wishing to report violations of golf cart use on county roads are encouraged to contact the Alachua County Sheriff's Office using the non-emergency number at 352-955-1818.
|Main Entrance Sign Improvements
|Posted on Mar 15th, 2016
Plans are underway for making improvements to our iconic entrance at Haile Blvd and Tower Road! Alachua County is currently reviewing plans to pay for the landscaping improvements necessary due to the installation of the Archer Braid Trail. You can take a look at the design by clicking here.